Thursday, July 19, 2012

Monogram Book Ends


When I saw these letters at Hobby Lobby, they were of course not something on my list.  I had an idea to use something I was buying for another project on them, though.  My mom is also a teacher, and her room is decorated in giraffe.  So, I browsed the scrapbook paper and picked up 4 sheets of the giraffe design (one sheet for each side of the "Y's").  I was buying the spray adhesive for another project I will share in a post soon.  All that I needed now was an Exacto knife.  

 

I sprayed one of the sides of the "Y" with the adhesive, then firmly pressed the "Y" on the back of one of the sheets of giraffe scrapbook paper.  


I made sure to line up the edge of the "Y" with the edge of the paper in order to make a clean line.  
Then, I used my Exacto knife to cut very closely along the edge of the "Y" on all sides.


 This is what it looked like when I finished:


Then, the sides of the "Y" were still not covered, so I decided to paint them a bright color.  What other color to remind us of giraffes than yellow?


I plan to brush on a layer of mod podge over the top just to seal the rough edges.



It stands on its own, and it will look just adorable on a bookcase next to some books!

-CJY-

0 comments:

Post a Comment