Monday, July 9, 2012

What to do with all those crayons??

I finished the first of many projects for my classroom today.  I finally sorted my crayons that were such a hassle to find certain colors last year.  Here's how it turned out:


Then, I took all the small, broken crayons and decided to reuse them instead of tossing!  So, I started with the monotonous task of peeling the little papers off...


Next, I sprayed a mini-muffin pan with cooking spray for easy removal and filled them up with colors I liked together.  



After baking for about 30 minutes at 170 degrees Fahrenheit, I pulled them out...


... and let them cool for just a few minutes.

This is what I got!




I think the kids will really enjoy using them!

Well... 1 project down... 497 to go! 

-CJY-

0 comments:

Post a Comment